Change Their Story with Children's Hope Chest
Change Their Story is about making specific interventions in the lives of kids who are trapped by poverty and abuse. Consider these numbers.
- 1 billion people are hungry and malnourished; every day nearly 30,000 kids will die from preventable causes.
- 2 million children are trapped in sex slavery, and every 2 minutes another child is prepared for abuse.
- Up to 70 million kids are not in school — because they are out looking for food, water, and money.
But we can all help change the story for these kids!
When you join the Change Their Story team, you will receive a free fundraising Web site and the tools you’ll need to e-mail all of your contacts. From there, you’ll commit to a fundraising goal and then ask your friends and family to make financial contributions to benefit orphans this Christmas. We’ll even help you write the support letters and integrate with your Facebook profile.
Your fundraising goal will have a specific focus on one of these areas, which you will choose:
- Fight Extreme Poverty: Providing food & water to kids in Africa
- Protect Girls from Sex-Trafficking: Protecting girls in Russia from being kidnapped into the sex slave trade
- Provide an Education: Putting children in Africa back in the classroom
This Christmas, ask your friends and family to spend a few of their Christmas dollars on behalf the poor. Be the one that shows them that Christmas is more than a gift wrapped box. It’s about God sending His son Jesus into the world to change our messed up stories!
Thanks again, and keep your eyes open for the Change Their Story launch e-mail early next week!
For the Fatherless,